1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
From WW Online
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 2 medium raw eggplants, peeled and cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 lb extra lean ground chicken breast
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, fresh, chopped
- 1/3 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/3 teaspoon chives, dried
- 1/3 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 28 ounces canned diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons canned tomato paste
- 6 ounces soyakaas grated parmesan style soy cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a 9 X 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- 2Place eggplant slices on paper towels and sprinkle with 3/4 teaspoon of salt; let stand 20 minutes to draw out moisture.
- 3Meanwhile, coat a large skillet with cooking spray; over medium-high heat.
- 4Add chicken; cook until browned, breaking up meat as it cooks, about 5 minutes.
- 5Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, until onion is soft, about 3 minutes more.
- 6Add fresh parsley, dried herbs, cinnamon, nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper; stir to coat.
- 7Cook until herbs and spices are fragrant. about 1 minute.
- 8Add tomatoes and tomato paste; bring to a simmer.
- 9Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, until sauce thickens, about 15 minutes.
- 10Transfer mixture to a large bowl and set aside.
- 11Off heat, coat surface of same skillet with cooking spray; set pan over medium-high heat.
- 12Wipe salt from eggplant slices with paper towel and add eggplant to hot skillet.
- 13Cook, until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- 14Arrange half of eggplant slices on bottom of prepared baking pan, slightly overlapping pieces to cover entire surface of pan.
- 15Top eggplant with chicken mixture; top with 1/4 cup of grated topping.
- 16Top with remaining eggplant slices and remaining 1/2 cup of grated topping.
- 17Bake until top is golden brown and filling is hot, about 45 minutes.
- 18Let stand 10 minutes, slice into 8 pieces and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for 3 Points Plus - Greek Eggplant and Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.4
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 36.3 mg
- Sodium 470.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 14.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: