Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful Greek-style layered dip with hummus as the base. It is a colorful and very tasty appetizer that always gets compliments. I often add a bit of chopped fresh parsley or oregano for added color.
- 1 cup prepared hummus
- 1 cup shredded mixed greens
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onions
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped kalamata olives
- pita bread
- Spread hummus on bottom of 9" pie plate or serving dish.
- Layer with remaining ingredients.
- Serve with pieces of pita bread or pita chips.
I served this to neighbors last night to rave reviews. I didn't really measure ingredients, just layered and sprinkled toppings. Defintely added more than 2 Tblsp of olives and red onions.
Discovered this delicious dip recently.I am not a fan of tomatoes so I put a spin on it - I used spinach, red onion, roasted red pepper, kalamata olives, and feta over garlic flavored hummus. I paper-towel dried all wet ingredients to keep the dip from washing out. That really made a difference! This is a really pretty snack - a lovely, tasty crowd pleaser!
Delicious!!! I used Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. Many people at a family reunion asked for the recipe and some had never even heard of hummus:) Yummy!!!