I found this recipe in the "The Barbecue Bible" by Steven Raichlen. Posting for ZWT 4.
Make and share this A Different Greek Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 head romaine lettuce, separated into leaves, rinsed, and spun dry
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 1 bunch fresh dill, freshly chopped
- 1 bunch scallion, both white and green parts, trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 -2 lemon, cut in half
- 3 -4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olives or 1⁄2 cup other Greek olive
- 4 -6 ounces feta cheese, drained and thinly sliced
- Cut the romaine leaves crosswise into 1/2-inch strips. Rub a salad bowl with cut garlic. Add the romaine, dill and scallions. At this point, salad could be covered and put in refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, squeeze the lemon juice to taste over the salad and pour the oil on top. Season the salad generously with salt and pepper and toss well to mix. Garnish the salad with the olives and feta and serve.