Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cheese and Onion on Toast
Make and share this A Toast to British Cuisine recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter in a saucepan without allowing it to brown, and add pepper.
- Add the cornflour and beat into a sauce-like consistency.
- Gradually add the milk and continue to cook over a medium heat until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the grated cheese and mix in well.
- Add the chopped onions and cook gently for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Toast the bread.
- Spread the cheese and onion mixture onto the toast and broil until golden brown.