A combination of chicken, mushrooms, artichokes, olives and tomatoes. Perfect served over pasta or rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 -4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 cup black olives
- 1Cut each chicken breast into 2 to 3 pieces. Pound the chicken about 1/4 inch thick between sheets of waxed paper with a meat mallet. Coat the chicken with a mixture of the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 2Drain the artichokes, reserving the marinade. Heat the reserved marinade and olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Brown the chicken lightly in the olive oil mixture in the pan. Spoon the chicken into a 9x13-inch baking dish, reserving the pan drippings. Add the butter to the reserved drippings. Heat until the butter melts. Stir in the mushrooms.
- 3Saute for 3 minutes. Remove the mushrooms to a bowl. Add the undrained tomatoes, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, oregano, basil and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to the saute pan. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour the tomato mixture over the chicken. Drizzle with the sherry.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 5Add the artichokes and olives to the mushrooms and mix gently. Add the artichoke mixture to the chicken mixture and mix well. Bake for 10 minutes longer or until bubbly.
- 6Spoon over hot cooked pasta or rice.
- 7May be prepared in advance and stored, covered, in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature and bake as directed.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aegean Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (401 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.5
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 83.7 mg
- Sodium 1575.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 32.7 g