1/2 Photos of Aegean Pasta Salad
"Party Pasta", Good Food Magazine, August 1986. A nice summer pasta salad that is really a meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces spiral pasta (cavatappi or fusilli)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped oil-cured olives
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, stemmed, halved
- 1 lb medium shrimp, cooked, shelled, deveined
- 8 ounces feta cheese, diced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1Heat large pot of water to boiling. Salt water. Add past and cook according to package directions until tender but still firm to the bite. Drain, cool under cold running water, and drain again.
- 2Toast pine nuts in a small skillet over low heat until golden.
- 3Transfer pasta to large bowl. In small bowl, combine oil, vinegar, and lemon zest. Pour over pasta and toss to coat. Add nuts, olives, and parsley and combine thoroughly. Gently stir in tomatoes, shrimp, and cheese, Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 4You can serve at once, or you can refrigerate and serve cold. (I always prefer to let the flavors blend.).
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aegean Pasta Salad
Serving Size: 1 (199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 469.2
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 98.4 mg
- Sodium 665.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: