1 hr 15 mins
Ramona di Coco's Note:
Moist, fruity, delicate taste! A traditional Cretan recipe. Try it, you're in for a treat!...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 320 g ground almonds
- 300 g confectioners' sugar
- 7 eggs, separated
- 2 oranges, boiled and mashed
- 4 tablespoons semolina
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1Beat egg whites till fluffy. Set aside.
- 2Beat butter and sugar until well-combined and white. Add mashed oranges, semolina, egg yolks beaten, baking powder and almonds.
- 3Mix well until you have a homogeneous batter.
- 4With a wooden spatula, add egg whites to batter.
- 5Pour the mixture in slightly buttered pan.
- 6Bake at 180°C, for about 45-50 minutes.
- 7Meanwhile, prepare syrup. Boil until it thickens and reaches a texture similar to that of olive oil. Let cool.
- 8As soon as the cake is out, pour cooled syrup over it.
- 9Prepare cream. Boil 4 cups of milk and add sugar and lemon rind. Mix well until sugar is dissolved.
- 10Add corn flour dissolved in the remaining cup of milk.
- 11Mix cream slowly with spatula until it starts to thicken.
- 12Remove from heat, take out lemon rind, and let it cool, 7-9 minutes.
- 13Add beaten eggs mix till combined.
- 14Pour over cake and evenly spread with spatula.
- 15Garnish with roasted almonds and/or thinly-cut orange rind.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond - Orange Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1049.9
- Calories from Fat 318
- Total Fat 35.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 193.6 mg
- Sodium 277.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 171.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.5 g
- Sugars 148.4 g
- Protein 20.4 g