A great healthy salad adapted from the Almond Board of California. The recipe calls for julienned veggies, but you can chop if you like.
- 3⁄4 cup broccoli stem, peeled and julienned (or buy the packaged broccoli slaw)
- 3⁄4 cup zucchini, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup celery, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar (I use seasoned)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- salt and pepper, as needed
- In a large bowl, toss together broccoli, zucchini, celery, onions, bell peppers and almonds.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice, parsley, mint and lemon zest.
- Pour over vegetable mixture; toss gently to coat. Season with salt and pepper.