My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups sliced almonds
- 1 3/4 cups walnuts
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dry, fine white breadcrumb
- 1Combine sugar, water, cinnamon, cloves and honey.
- 2Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- 3Increase heat and boil gently until reduced to 2 1/2 cups, about 10 minutes.
- 4Strain into bowl and mix in brandy.
- 5Cool completely.
- 6Nut Filling:
- 7Toast almonds and walnuts and finely chop in processor.
- 8Transfer to large bowl.
- 9Mix in cinnamon and breadcrumbs.
- 11Butter bottom and sides of 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish.
- 12Unroll stacked phyllo sheets, press folds to smooth, and cut crosswise in half.
- 13Place 1 sheet of phyllo in bottom of prepared dish (k eep remaining sheets covered with plastic wrap and damp towel to prevent drying). Because many brands of phyllo are not long enough to touch both ends of the dish, it may be necessary to stagger sheets to end of dish.
- 14Brush first sheet with melted butter.
- 15Top with second phyllo sheet. Brush with melted butter.
- 16Repeat, using 12 more sheets, buttering each sheet. Sprinkle 3/4 cup nut mixture over.
- 17Cover with 4 more sheets, buttering each.
- 18Sprinkle 3/4 cup nut mixture over.
- 19Cover with 4 more sheets, buttering each.
- 20Sprinkle 3/4 cup nut mixture over.
- 21Cover with 4 more sheets, buttering each.
- 22Sprinkle 3/4 cup nut mixture over.
- 23Cover with 4 more sheets, buttering each.
- 24Sprinkle 3/4 cup nut mixture over.
- 25Top with 18 more sheets, buttering each.
- 26Brush top sheet generously with butter.
- 27Cut baklava lengthwise into thirds and make 8 diagonal cuts.
- 28Top each section with a whole clove. Lightly sprinkle the top with water and bake at 350 degrees in center of oven until pastry is golden brown, about 1 hour.
- 29Gradually pour syrup over hot baklava and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Almond-Walnut Baklava
Serving Size: 1 (2527 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 9193.6
- Calories from Fat 4487
- Total Fat 498.5 g
- Saturated Fat 177.8 g
- Cholesterol 610.0 mg
- Sodium 4563.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1096.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 54.2 g
- Sugars 552.8 g
- Protein 134.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: