Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
I REALLY like California Pizza Kitchen's Greek Pizza. It's light, refreshing and I found myself thinking about this pizza so much, I had to find a way to make it at home. This recipe is a work-in-progress and would love to hear your suggestions. I'm basing this recipe off of some of the information found here: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080930103528AA7XB96 I obviously made tweaks here and there. CPK doesn't use Hummus, but I personally thought that would be good and was pleasantly surprised that it worked! You can obviously use Bread/Pizza Dough, but I don't have that kind of time after work so I did use store bought Flatbread/Pitas and Hummas. The Chicken can be marinated in the rub and/or cooked before hand. The Prep Time can also be reduced by chopping the veggies and making the Tzatziki sauce the night before. Serving size is negotiable. 2 6" pita pizzas is a serving in our house, but if you serve this with a salad you could probably go one each. Can be veggie just by omitting the chicken.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) container Greek yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mint
- 1⁄2 cucumber, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dill (optional)
- 1 cucumber, seeded and diced uniformly
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, diced uniformly
- 2 whole tomatoes, seeded and diced uniformly
- 1 (6 ounce) kalamata olives, Pitted
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley
- 1 -2 lemon, Juice of (3-6 tbsp.)
Other Pizza Makings Needed
- 9 pita bread (Flatbread)
- 1 (8 ounce) hummus
- 1 (8 ounce) mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 avocado (sliced or chopped)
- Chicken Breasts: Mix together cumin, garlic powder, paprika, cinnamon, and salt. Rub chicken breast down with olive oil and spices. Grill, pan fry or bake until chicken is just cook through. Dice into small pieces.
- Preheat Oven to 350*.
- Tzatziki Sauce: Mix together all ingredients and return to the refrigerated to mellow. This becomes better the longer you let it sit.
- Veggie Topping: Mix together Lemon Juice, Basil, Oregano, Parsley and Oil Oil. Dice Cucumber, Red Onion and Tomatoes and Toss in Lemon Juice Mixture long with Feta and Olives.
- Place 2-3 Flatbread/Pitas on an aluminum lined cookie sheet.
- Top each Pita with 2 Tbsp Hummus and smear around the pizza.
- Sprinkle Pita with 1-2 Tbsp of Diced Chicken.
- Top with 3 Tbsp Mozzarella Cheese.
- Bake in a Pre-heated 350* Oven for 5-10 minutes.
- Top each Pizza with 2-3 tablespoons of the Veggie Topping.
- Drizzle with Tzatziki Sauce and Top with Chopped Avocado.