From the September 4, 2009 edition of Athens Plus Magazine. This pudding looks more like a cake, sort of like bread pudding, which doesn't look anything like an American pudding dessert.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 625 ml sugar
- 875 ml flour
- 15 ml baking soda
- 45 ml apricot jam
- 45 ml olive oil
- 15 ml vinegar
- 6 eggs
- 375 ml milk
Syrup or Frosting
- 1Pudding: Mix eggs and sugar till spongy.
- 2Dissolve the baking soda in the vinegar.
- 3Add the vinegar, apricot jam, oil and milk and mix through.
- 4Sift in the flour and a pinch of salt and mix until you have a smooth batter.
- 5Pour into buttered muffin pans and bake at 180C for 25-30 minutes.
- 6Syrup/Frosting: Place all ingredients in a pot and boil for 3 minutes.
- 7Add Amarula and pour over the malva pudding to soak.
- 8Serve pudding warm with syrup/frosting and toasted almonds or berries.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amarula Malva Pudding Topped With Custard and Toasted Almonds
Serving Size: 1 (126 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.6
- Calories from Fat 142
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 106.7 mg
- Sodium 299.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 6.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: