Prep1 hr 10 mins
Don't be put off by the metric measures, just use the Zaar converter. Soaking the beans is not included in the timing.
- Soak the beans in water over night.
- Then boil them with a bay leaf, in water just to cover for 5 minutes.
- Take the pot off the heat and cover for 1 hour.
- Pour the beans and bay leaf into the beef broth and slowly boil for 2 hours. Saute the onion in the lard and then add the parsley, the coriander, the salt and pepper.
- Add this to the beans.
- Add the honey and allow to boil slowly for a few more minutes.
- Before serving, add the garlic cloves that have been passed through a garlic press and mixed with the oil.