We serve this as a main dish - Greek meals are often meatless.
Make and share this Anginares Me Araka (Artichoke and Pea Stew) recipe from Food.com.
- Place the oil, onions and carrots in a large saucepan and cook until the onion is translucent.
- Add 1 1/2 cups of water and bring to the boil.
- Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the artichokes, tomato paste, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes more.
- Add the peas and dill, check seasoning.
- Cover and cook a further 10 minutes. The stew should have quite a bit of sauce, but not be swimming in it. If there's too much liquid, uncover pan, turn up heat slightly and boil to evaporate liquid, about 5 minutes.
- This is best served warm, nearly room-temperature.
- Serve with feta and crusty bread to mop up the juices.