1/2 Photos of Anginares Me Araka (Artichoke and Pea Stew)
We serve this as a main dish - Greek meals are often meatless.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the oil, onions and carrots in a large saucepan and cook until the onion is translucent.
- 2Add 1 1/2 cups of water and bring to the boil.
- 3Cook for 10 minutes.
- 4Add the artichokes, tomato paste, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- 5Cover and cook for 10 minutes more.
- 6Add the peas and dill, check seasoning.
- 7Cover and cook a further 10 minutes. The stew should have quite a bit of sauce, but not be swimming in it. If there's too much liquid, uncover pan, turn up heat slightly and boil to evaporate liquid, about 5 minutes.
- 8This is best served warm, nearly room-temperature.
- 9Serve with feta and crusty bread to mop up the juices.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anginares Me Araka (Artichoke and Pea Stew)
Serving Size: 1 (454 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.5
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 212.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 27.8 g
- Sugars 13.0 g
- Protein 13.1 g