A nice quick summer lunch, or can be served as an elegant appetizer salad. If you can find tuna in olive oil, it's well worth it in this recipe, but when draining the tuna, save the olive oil for the dressing. Cook time is actually chill time.
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 1⁄2 small red onion, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans, liquid reserved (any white bean will do)
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 small celery rib, diced
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard (or brown mustard)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Mix the vinegar, oil, oregano, mustard, , salt and pepper together in a bowl until combined and fairly viscous. If the dressing is too thick, thin it out with some of the reserved bean liquid.
- Mix the tuna, beans, red onion, celery and garlic into the dressing, breaking the tuna up.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving, but serve at room temperature.