1/1 Photo of Aphrodite's Faster Than Takeout Pizza
Delicious – a veggie pizza that meat eaters will actually love! The Mediterranean flavors and cheeses make it filling without the traditionally overwhelming “healthy” garden taste. If you chop and marinate the vegetables in advance, dinner can be ready in just 15 minutes. Now that’s a blessing from the Greek Gods!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 eggplant
- 1 red pepper
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sherry wine
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (11 ounce) can tahini
- 1 (14 ounce) package flat bread (package at grocery store says "Mediterranean flat bread", or substitute 1 recipe of your favorite pi)
- 30 kalamata olives, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (6 ounce) package parmesan cheese, shredded Italian style (1 1/2 cups)
- 1Peel eggplant. Take seeds out of red pepper. Cut red pepper, eggplant and onion into large 2-3” sections. Put vegetables in bowl or microwave steamer and steam in the microwave until semi-tender, about 3 minutes.
- 2Whisk together the vinegar, oil, garlic, wine and sugar.
- 3When vegetables are cool enough to handle, shred into julienne strips. Add strips to sauce and let marinate at room temperature (put in the refrigerator if marinating overnight.).
- 4When ready to make pizzas, preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 5Drain marinade from vegetables. Throw out half of marinade and mix the other half with the tahini to make pizza sauce.
- 6Spread flat bread or pizza crust with the sauce. Load up with vegetables, then sprinkle with olives, then feta cheese, then parmesan cheese.
- 7Bake for 10 minutes or until edges start to turn brown.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aphrodite's Faster Than Takeout Pizza
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 823.7
- Calories from Fat 540
- Total Fat 60.0 g
- Saturated Fat 15.7 g
- Cholesterol 51.6 mg
- Sodium 1005.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.7 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 26.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: