Yummy! The servings are a guess.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 granny smith apples or 4 pippin apples, cut into small dice
- 1/2 cup soy margarine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup currants
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sugar (optional amount, depends upon personal taste and apple sweetness)
- 1 package phyllo pastry sheet
- 1/4 cup cinnamon-sugar mixture
- 1Melt 3 Tbsp of margarine in a heavy saucepan, add the apples and saute 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 2Add the lemon juice, currants, pecans, and spices and saute for another 3-4 minutes.
- 3Taste mixture and add sugar.
- 4Set aside to cool.
- 5Melt the remaining margarine.
- 6Cut a 2" strip off the rolled filo dough.
- 7Cover the remainder with a towel and roll out the cut strip.
- 8Remove 2 pieces of the cut dough at a time and place on the cutting board.
- 9Brush the top piece with margarine and place about a teaspoon of the apple mixture in the lower right hand corner of the filo.
- 10Fold the filo into a small triangle, much like a flag is folded, from corner to corner, or roll like a burrito.
- 11Place the triangles on a baking sheet, brush the top with a little margarine, and sprinkle with a small amount of cinnamon sugar.
- 12Repeat the process until all the filo has been used.
- 13Bake in a 375 F oven until the triangles are just golden, about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pecan Triangles
Serving Size: 1 (1172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 45.6
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 24.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 6.1 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
phyllo pastry sheets