Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a great Baklava recipe. A friend passed this along to me. I love the combo of apples and walnuts and is a favorite recipe when it's apple picking time. If you don't want to use rum; substitute 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 2 tablespoons lemon rind.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in large bowl; mix well.
- Trim 8 sheets phyllo dough to fit 10 x 15-inch baking pan.
- Keep unused phyllo covered with damp cloth. Arrange in baking pan, brushing each sheet generously with melted butter.
- Spread half the apple mixture over phyllo dough.
- Arrange 6 trimmed buttered sheets of phyllo dough over apple mixture.
- Spread with remaining apple mixture.
- Top with 8 buttered sheets phyllo dough.
- Tuck in the buttered phyllo neatly around.
- Cut into squares or diamond using a sharp knife.
- Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Heat honey in small saucepan.
- Drizzle over hot baklava.