1 hr 15 mins
This is a great Baklava recipe. A friend passed this along to me. I love the combo of apples and walnuts and is a favorite recipe when it's apple picking time. If you don't want to use rum; substitute 2 tablespoons lemon juice and 2 tablespoons lemon rind.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine first 6 ingredients in large bowl; mix well.
- 2Trim 8 sheets phyllo dough to fit 10 x 15-inch baking pan.
- 3Keep unused phyllo covered with damp cloth. Arrange in baking pan, brushing each sheet generously with melted butter.
- 4Spread half the apple mixture over phyllo dough.
- 5Arrange 6 trimmed buttered sheets of phyllo dough over apple mixture.
- 6Spread with remaining apple mixture.
- 7Top with 8 buttered sheets phyllo dough.
- 8Tuck in the buttered phyllo neatly around.
- 9Cut into squares or diamond using a sharp knife.
- 10Bake at 350°F for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
- 11Heat honey in small saucepan.
- 12Drizzle over hot baklava.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Rum Baklava
Serving Size: 1 (180 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 718.5
- Calories from Fat 440
- Total Fat 48.9 g
- Saturated Fat 21.5 g
- Cholesterol 81.3 mg
- Sodium 403.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 43.2 g
- Protein 7.0 g