Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
ZWT6 - Greece
Make and share this Arakas (Greek Fresh Green Peas in Tomato Sauce) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb fresh peas, shelled
- 1⁄2 lb tomatoes, finely sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- Rinse peas in cold water and drain.
- Sautee the onions in the olive oil.
- Add the tomatoes, peas, salt and the dill.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Stir, cover and cook slowly for about 50 minutes.
Although I made this with store-bought tomatoes & the final dish was very nice, I look forward to making this again when I have home-grown! We both enjoyed these nicely flavorful peas, & another time I might just use caramelized onions! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Newest Zaar tag]