We were getting bored with the same thing for dinner every week so I played around in the kitchen and came up with this recipe inspired by a sandwich I had at a local restaurant. We both really enjoy it and hope you do as well! The ingredients aren't precise, put as much or as little of each into your pita. Tastes great with a fresh salad on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 whole wheat pita bread
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese (optional)
- 4 tablespoons bell pepper bruschetta topping
- 4 canned artichoke hearts, chopped into 1/2 in. pieces
- 8 -12 canned roasted red peppers (canned in olive oil)
- 20 leaves fresh Baby Spinach
- 8 -12 slices mild banana peppers, rings
- 4 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Cut the pitas in half and open each side up.
- 3Spread 1 TB cream cheese on one side of each pita.(optional).
- 4Spread 1 TB Sweet Peppers Bruschetta Topping on other half of pitas.
- 5Put 1 chopped artichoke into each pita, spreading around the pita.
- 6Put 3-4 roasted red peppers into each pita (it works best to drain the olive oil on paper towels before putting in the pitas).
- 7Put 5 leaves of spinach in each pita.
- 8Put 2-4 banana pepper rings in each pita.
- 9Put 1 TB black olive in each pita.
- 10Put 1 TB feta in each pita.
- 11Put pitas on a cookie pan and cook in oven 5-10 minutes until heated through.
- 12Eat and Enjoy :).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Artichoke Feta Pitas
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.7
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 12.6 mg
- Sodium 555.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 10.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
bell pepper bruschetta topping
roasted red peppers