Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We were getting bored with the same thing for dinner every week so I played around in the kitchen and came up with this recipe inspired by a sandwich I had at a local restaurant. We both really enjoy it and hope you do as well! The ingredients aren't precise, put as much or as little of each into your pita. Tastes great with a fresh salad on the side.
- 2 whole wheat pita bread
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese (optional)
- 4 tablespoons bell pepper bruschetta topping
- 4 canned artichoke hearts, chopped into 1/2 in. pieces
- 8 -12 canned roasted red peppers (canned in olive oil)
- 20 leaves fresh Baby Spinach
- 8 -12 slices mild banana peppers, rings
- 4 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- 4 tablespoons feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut the pitas in half and open each side up.
- Spread 1 TB cream cheese on one side of each pita.(optional).
- Spread 1 TB Sweet Peppers Bruschetta Topping on other half of pitas.
- Put 1 chopped artichoke into each pita, spreading around the pita.
- Put 3-4 roasted red peppers into each pita (it works best to drain the olive oil on paper towels before putting in the pitas).
- Put 5 leaves of spinach in each pita.
- Put 2-4 banana pepper rings in each pita.
- Put 1 TB black olive in each pita.
- Put 1 TB feta in each pita.
- Put pitas on a cookie pan and cook in oven 5-10 minutes until heated through.
- Eat and Enjoy :).