A recipe for mushroom lovers, a different salad to refresh your summer days. Posted for Zaar World Tours: GREECE, since this is a recipe in the Greek style.
- 25 ml olive oil (for dressing, 2 Tablespoons)
- 50 ml olive oil (3 Tablespoons)
- 15 ml white wine vinegar (1 Tablespoon)
- 10 ml tomato puree (2 Tablespoons)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh thyme, chopped or 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil, fresh, chopped
- 175 g button onions, skinned (6 oz)
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 225 g button mushrooms, wiped (8oz)
- 2 (400 g) cans artichoke hearts (14oz)
- Make the dressing by combining 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil with the vinegar, tomato purée, thyme(or basil), salt and pepper and whisking well.
- Blanch the onions in boiling water for 5 minutes and drain well.
- Heat 3 Tablespoons of olive oil, add the blanched onions and sugar and cook for several minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and toss over a high heat for 30 seconds- to one minute.
- Add the mushroom mixture to the dressing, then add the artichoke hearts and mix well.
- Cover and chill before serving.