1/4 Photos of As Close As I'll Ever Get to Greece Salad
From our local newspaper. Extremely important to use the freshest ingredients for this salad! Recipe amounts were not given so they have been estimated. A note about olive brine: I use the liquid that the olives are soaked in either the package or the fresh ones from the "olive bar" at the natural food store. However I have tried a dirty martini olive juice from this source: www.garliclady.com based in Vancouver, Washington.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon kalamata olive brine (known in these parts as "dirty olive juice")
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 firm roma tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled in a strip fashion and cut into chunks
- 1 small green bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 2 slices feta cheese, half inch slices (NOT "crumbled")
- 6 -8 kalamata olives
- fresh oregano sprig, for garnish (NOT dried)
- 1Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients and set aside.
- 2Place tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion and bell pepper on two salad plates.
- 3Top with the feta slices, kalamata olives and sprigs of fresh oregano.
- 4Drizzle the vinaigrette on the salad.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for As Close As I'll Ever Get to Greece Salad
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 114.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 104.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: