Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a dish from a local Greek restaurant.
Make and share this Athena's Lemon Greek Penne Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces cooked penne pasta
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and then stir in 1 oz oil to coat pasta.
- While pasta is cooking, melt butter in a medium sauce pan over low heat, then add heavy cream. Increase heat to medium-high stirring occasionally and when the mixture begins to bubble, add in the Parmesan cheese and blend until the cheese has melted. Add in lemon juice and lemon zest and stir. Season with black pepper and salt to taste.
- Add cooked pasta and mix well. Bring sauce back to just under a boil and then serve. You may wish to garnish your pasta dish with some additional Parmesan cheese, parsley, or even a couple of capers. This dish does not re-heat well, so plan on enjoying this dish in one setting.
Wonderful side dish for dinner last night. So creamy, almost like a Alfredo sauce with a Greek twist in flavor. I made 1/2 of the recipe and served it with Chicken Souvlaki, salad and garlic bread for a wonderful meal. Only change I made was to add more lemon juice, as I really couldn't taste it much with the posted amount, but I love lemon, so it is all a personal preference. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe. Made for ZWT 9.
i cant believe im the first one reviewing this AWESOME recipe,dont let the simplicity fool you,this dish rocks .i used 1/2 and half and 1/2 as much butter cause my dietitian watches my page lol make this zwt9