A low calorie and SPEEDY recipe from Family Style Spring 2009, a Publix Publication. They say tilapia, snaper or mahi mahi all provide great results; I made it with grouper and that worked well. They also recommend serving with a salad of cucumbers, tomatoes and feta along with some pita bread and hummus.
- 4 tilapia fillets, thawed (1-1.5 pounds)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts (drained)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- Preheat large saute pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, season both sides of the fish fillets with pepper and 1/2 t of the Greek seasoning. Wash your hands.
- Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic and onion; cook 1-2 minutes until onion is soft.
- Add fish fillets (wash hands). Top fish with remaining ingredients (including remaining 1/2 t Greek seasoning).
- Cover and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring veggies once. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fish. . .fish is done when it has an internal temperature of 145 degrees and flesh is opaque and separates easily with a fork.