A low calorie and SPEEDY recipe from Family Style Spring 2009, a Publix Publication. They say tilapia, snaper or mahi mahi all provide great results; I made it with grouper and that worked well. They also recommend serving with a salad of cucumbers, tomatoes and feta along with some pita bread and hummus.
- 4 tilapia fillets, thawed (1-1.5 pounds)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- 1 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts (drained)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- Preheat large saute pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
- In the meanwhile, season both sides of the fish fillets with pepper and 1/2 t of the Greek seasoning. Wash your hands.
- Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic and onion; cook 1-2 minutes until onion is soft.
- Add fish fillets (wash hands). Top fish with remaining ingredients (including remaining 1/2 t Greek seasoning).
- Cover and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring veggies once. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fish. . .fish is done when it has an internal temperature of 145 degrees and flesh is opaque and separates easily with a fork.
I liked this. Low cal and easy - so nice and healthy too. The combination of seasoning along with the garlic added flavor. With an added Greek salad our meal only needed crusty buns fresh from the oven to make it complete. Thank you for sharing.