1/2 Photos of Athenian Fish (20 Minute Meal)
A low calorie and SPEEDY recipe from Family Style Spring 2009, a Publix Publication. They say tilapia, snaper or mahi mahi all provide great results; I made it with grouper and that worked well. They also recommend serving with a salad of cucumbers, tomatoes and feta along with some pita bread and hummus.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tilapia fillets, thawed (1-1.5 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1 teaspoon all purpose Greek seasoning, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts (drained)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (drained)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1Preheat large saute pan on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
- 2In the meanwhile, season both sides of the fish fillets with pepper and 1/2 t of the Greek seasoning. Wash your hands.
- 3Place oil in pan; swirl to coat. Add garlic and onion; cook 1-2 minutes until onion is soft.
- 4Add fish fillets (wash hands). Top fish with remaining ingredients (including remaining 1/2 t Greek seasoning).
- 5Cover and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring veggies once. Cooking time will depend on the thickness of the fish. . .fish is done when it has an internal temperature of 145 degrees and flesh is opaque and separates easily with a fork.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Athenian Fish (20 Minute Meal)
Serving Size: 1 (376 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.6
- Calories from Fat 58
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 62.5 mg
- Sodium 162.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 29.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: