Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From the Atkins cookbook.
Make and share this Atkins Greek Spinach Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, pushed through a press
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) packagefresh Baby Spinach, stemmed, washed and dried
- 1⁄2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces roasted red peppers, drained, patted dry and cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- In a large salad bowl, combine vinegar and garlic.
- Add oil in a thin, steady stream, whisking constantly until smooth.
- Add spinach and onion to dressing and toss to coat.
- Gently mix in feta and pepper strips.
- Divide salad on plates; sprinkle with walnuts.
This was good, but way too oily. Next time, I'll cut the oil in half.
wonderful!! roasted the peppers myself, made my own red wine vinegar (with help from recipezaar) and used smashed almonds as we didnt have walnuts. my partner who is on atkins adored it! we had it with marinated salmon steaks (Marinated Salmon Steaks) sans sugar and oven baked butternut. will make this again as it is so tasty. thankyou!
FANTASTIC!!!!!! Followed the recipe to the letter and it was devine. Had to use pine nuts instead of walnuts as i had run out of walnuts but it still tasted great.....Thanks Redhot!