Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my favorite soup ever. I've loved it since I was a little girl. I think this is the closest recipe to the authentic greek restaurants.
- Combine milk, corn starch, egg yolks. Set aside.
- Boil the chicken stock in a large soup pot (4 quart is good). Once the stock is boiling, add the orzo pasta and let it cook covered for 9-12 minutes (until pasta is tender).
- When pasta is tender, remove the pot from the heat and add the egg mixture and butter. Stir slowly until it all blends together.
- Return the pot back to the heat and continue to cook the soup. It will thicken slightly.
- Remove from the heat again and add the lemon juice and lemon peel.
- Serve with pita bread.