Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
For the avocado and tzatziki lover's of this world. A Greek classic with an Aussie twist! Here is a delicious and yet simple way to combine your favorite food with Tzatziki. The recipe calls for 1 teaspoon of salt, but I half this as I found it too salty. I also tend to dice the avocado very finely or lightly mash.
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and grated
- 1 avocado, large, de seeded, peeled and diced
- In a bowl combine the lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic & salt to the yoghurt.
- Add the grated cucumber, and avocado and mix into the yoghurt.
- Place mix into serving dish and chill for at least one hour.
I loved this as well. The blend of flavors was really nice and it has held up very well in the fridge. Made for The Hot Pink Panthers, ZWT9.
Great flavor and I liked the texture too! Made for team Hot Stuff for ZWT#9-2013.
Reviewed for ZWT9- I really liked this modern twist on tzatziki. The avocado gave an extra dimension to this lovely refreshing sauce. Served with Kolokythia Krokettes (Zucchini Pancakes) for a lovely Greek vege lunch. Photo also to be posted