Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I absolutely love feta cheese so I am always experimenting with ways to incorporate it into meals. This is sheer perfection, the sauce is so good I could just eat it with a spoon!!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 -4 slices bacon, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Coat your chicken in olive oil, then drizzle with lemon juice and season with salt, pepper, oregano and minced garlic on both sides.
- Cut a pocket into each chicken breast and tuck inside 1-2 peices of bacon.
- Place chicken breasts into a greased casserole dish or pan.
- Top with a good sprinkling of feta cheese. (as much as you like, I used about 2 tbsp, any more would have been a major overflow when cooked)
- Close pockets- I didn't have any toothpicks to secure them but they turned out okay without.
- Cook uncovered for 30-35 minutes. (it's done when it's cooked through and browned a bit)
- Melt butter in sauce pan, add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- Stir in flour until well combined, at least 2 minutes, then add chicken broth.
- Bring to a simmer, stir constantly.
- Add salt pepper, parsley, sour cream and cheese.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 20-30 minutes stirring frequently.
- When it starts to get thicker, it's done. You want it a little looser than alfredo sauce would be.
- Serve sauce liberally atop chicken.