I absolutely love feta cheese so I am always experimenting with ways to incorporate it into meals. This is sheer perfection, the sauce is so good I could just eat it with a spoon!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 -4 slices bacon, uncooked
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Coat your chicken in olive oil, then drizzle with lemon juice and season with salt, pepper, oregano and minced garlic on both sides.
- 3Cut a pocket into each chicken breast and tuck inside 1-2 peices of bacon.
- 4Place chicken breasts into a greased casserole dish or pan.
- 5Top with a good sprinkling of feta cheese. (as much as you like, I used about 2 tbsp, any more would have been a major overflow when cooked)
- 6Close pockets- I didn't have any toothpicks to secure them but they turned out okay without.
- 7Cook uncovered for 30-35 minutes. (it's done when it's cooked through and browned a bit)
- 8Melt butter in sauce pan, add onions and garlic and cook until softened.
- 9Stir in flour until well combined, at least 2 minutes, then add chicken broth.
- 10Bring to a simmer, stir constantly.
- 11Add salt pepper, parsley, sour cream and cheese.
- 12Reduce heat to low and simmer 20-30 minutes stirring frequently.
- 13When it starts to get thicker, it's done. You want it a little looser than alfredo sauce would be.
- 14Serve sauce liberally atop chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Awesome Sauce Feta Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (379 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1116.6
- Calories from Fat 829
- Total Fat 92.2 g
- Saturated Fat 47.9 g
- Cholesterol 259.2 mg
- Sodium 3027.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 48.1 g