Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I started eating this stuff after a great pita sandwich at the Pita Pit. I make mine with more garlic (cuz I don't have to suit everyone's taste, like a restaurant!). NOTE: the garbanzo's may offend a baba purist, but make for a stiffer spread and a different taste - try both ways and enjoy!
- Prick the skin of the eggplant and roast it at 400 degrees for 1 hour, or until the eggplant collapses.
- Scoop the flesh out (everything but the skin), and add it to the food processor.
- Add the other ingredients, and pulse until smooth.
- Serve in a pita, or as a dip.
- Note: this can be made without the garbanzos, but I like the flavor and texture they add.
- You can use roasted garlic for a smoother taste - just wrap a head of garlic in aluminum foil and put it in with the eggplant!