1 hr 15 mins
Special Ed's Note:
I started eating this stuff after a great pita sandwich at the Pita Pit. I make mine with more garlic (cuz I don't have to suit everyone's taste, like a restaurant!). NOTE: the garbanzo's may offend a baba purist, but make for a stiffer spread and a different taste - try both ways and enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prick the skin of the eggplant and roast it at 400 degrees for 1 hour, or until the eggplant collapses.
- 2Scoop the flesh out (everything but the skin), and add it to the food processor.
- 3Add the other ingredients, and pulse until smooth.
- 4Serve in a pita, or as a dip.
- 5Note: this can be made without the garbanzos, but I like the flavor and texture they add.
- 6You can use roasted garlic for a smoother taste - just wrap a head of garlic in aluminum foil and put it in with the eggplant!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baba Ghanoush
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 148.4
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 12.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 397.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 2.4 g