Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
I got this from Oprah! magazine, 2005. I hope you enjoy!
Make and share this Baguettes With Scallion Olive Oil Spread recipe from Food.com.
- 3 scallions, finely chopped (green onions)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 (6 inch) French baguettes, cut in half lengthwise
- Soak the chopped scallions in cold water to remove their raw heat.
- Drain well and mix with olive oil.
- Toast the baguettes.
- Spread the scallion olive oil on top, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Good and easy. Served this with a fish stew. I did place it on toast bread then placed it back into the oven to warm. This would be great as a simple dipping oil for fresh bread.