Make and share this Baked Cheese Balls With Herbs and Sesame Seeds recipe from Food.com.
- 500 g fresh cheese (1 pound) or 500 g feta (1 pound)
- 1 cup mixed aromatic herbs, finely chopped (for example mint, oregano, dill or you can also use just one herb)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup potato, flakes (for puree)
- salt, to taste (if using unsalted cheese)
- pepper, to taste
- 1 -3 tablespoon wine, if necessary (if your cheese is to dry)
- sesame seeds, for topping
- Mash cheese with a fork.
- Add all the other ingredients except sesame seeds.
- Combine well.
- Divide the mixture into 40 parts and shape into small balls.
- Coat with sesame seeds and place on oiled baking tin.
- Bake in moderate heat (180°C/350°F) for about 15 minutes until the sesame is slightly toasted.