Andy Jewell's Note:
Another cracking starter "discovered" from holidays in Greece. Prawns with cheese sound like a real "no-no" but in truth the salty Feta goes together wonderfully with the prawns. You can use shrimp large or small as well as prawns for this dish, but if you are using cooked rather than raw reduce the cooking time or the prawns will go tough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and thyme as a marinade and pour over the prawns in a shallow dish.
- 2Cover and refrigerate for ½ an hour or so.
- 3Pre-heat the oven to maximum!
- 4Mix the remaining ingredients Divide the prawns and marinade into 4 or 5 individual, shallow, fireproof dishes.
- 5Sprinkle over the remaining ingredients Bake in the oven until sizzling.
- 6Serve immediately with plenty of crusty French bread to mop up the juices.
Browse Our Top Greek Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Greek Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Cheesy Prawns
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.8
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 187.3 mg
- Sodium 1203.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 23.2 g