A great appetizer with an awesome presentation. Garlic lovers may want to increase the amount of garlic. Enjoy!
- Steep garlic in olive oil at least 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and stem tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Put tomatoes in a shallow baking dish, pour olive oil and garlic over and toss lightly. Bake 10 minutes.
- Cut feta cheese into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Place Feta and basil in serving dish.
- Pour tomato mixture over chunks of cheese and slivered basil.
- Stir gently.
- Serve with bread to mop up juices.
Made half a recipe with fresh cherry tomatoes from the garden. Think I added too much feta so will measure next time. Served with Gourmet Greek Burgers. Yummy.
Love these tomatoes. We've been going easy on the bread since Christmas, so served them over an undressed green salad instead. Cut back on the oil (used 1/2 cup) and added a slosh of balsamic vinegar. I will make these often. Thanks so much for posting such a useful recipe.
ZWT6: Delicious and simple with everyday ingredients (in my house). Served alongside of Rosemary-Mustard Roast Leg of Lamb