A great appetizer with an awesome presentation. Garlic lovers may want to increase the amount of garlic. Enjoy!
- Steep garlic in olive oil at least 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and stem tomatoes and cut them in half.
- Put tomatoes in a shallow baking dish, pour olive oil and garlic over and toss lightly. Bake 10 minutes.
- Cut feta cheese into 1/2 inch chunks.
- Place Feta and basil in serving dish.
- Pour tomato mixture over chunks of cheese and slivered basil.
- Stir gently.
- Serve with bread to mop up juices.