Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Savuer magazine. A twist on saganaki. It makes two appetizer servings and extra broth. The photos look absolutely delicious! For ZWT 6.
- 2 sprigs oregano
- 1 celery rib
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 small white onion
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 cups water
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into 1/3-inch squares
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 round pita bread, cut into 6 wedges
- 6 ounces feta, cut into six 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons micro greens (optional)
- For Broth:.
- Dice veggies into 1" pieces. Combine all broth ingredients in pot, and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes. remove from heat, cover, and steep for 15 minutes. Strain broth and keep warm.
- For feta:.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 400*F. Combine peppers and 1 tbsp oil with salt and pepper to taste, marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, toss pita wedges with 2 tbsp oil, and salt and pepper to taste. Bake 7-8 minutes until golden.
- Arrange feta in small oven proof skillet and top with marinated peppers. Scantly cover bottom of skillet in broth. Bake 8-10 minutes until softened.
- Arrange feta cubes on serving dishes, and spoon 1-2 tbsp of broth around feta. Stick one pita triangle in each cube, and arrange micro greens on top.
- Reserve additional broth for another dish.