Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 50 mins
A great crockpot recipe for fish; you've got to really like onions, though (I do)! Came from a book of ethnic recipes for the slow cooker.
- In a large skillet, saute onions in oil until golden brown and almost caramelized.
- Peel and chop 1 tomato. Add to onions, along with parsley and garlic. Simmer for a few minutes longer.
- Place fish fillets in a lightly buttered crockpot. Sprinkle with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauteed vegetables over fish.
- Slice remaining tomato and place on vegetables.
- Top with lemon slices.
- Cover and cook on low for about 1-1/2 hours, or until fish flakes when tested with a fork.
- Nice over rice!
This recipe is very-very good. My family loved the fish cooked like this. THANK YOU!!!!!!!