1/1 Photo of Baked Kasseri Cheese Spread
Delicious sounding! How can you go wrong with cheese and olives?! Kasseri is a greek cheese made from either sheep's or goat's milk; it has a sharp, salty flavor and a cheddar-like texture. Taken from BH&Gardens Holiday Appetizers 1999 and posted for ZWT.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup kalamata olive (pitted and quartered)
- 12 ounces kasseri cheese (or scamorze cheese)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- French bread, apple slices or cracker
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees; cut cheese into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- 2Layer cheese in the bottom of a shallow 1-quart quiche dish or a 9-inch pie plate, overlapping if necessary.
- 3Toss together the olives, oregano, garlic, and red pepper.
- 4Sprinkle over the cheese.
- 5Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese just begins to melt.
- 6Serve immediately on bread, apples, or crackers; rewarm cheese as needed.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Kasseri Cheese Spread
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 18.9
- Calories from Fat 14
- Total Fat 1.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 110.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.1 g