Delicious sounding! How can you go wrong with cheese and olives?! Kasseri is a greek cheese made from either sheep's or goat's milk; it has a sharp, salty flavor and a cheddar-like texture. Taken from BH&Gardens Holiday Appetizers 1999 and posted for ZWT.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees; cut cheese into 1/2-inch-thick slices.
- Layer cheese in the bottom of a shallow 1-quart quiche dish or a 9-inch pie plate, overlapping if necessary.
- Toss together the olives, oregano, garlic, and red pepper.
- Sprinkle over the cheese.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese just begins to melt.
- Serve immediately on bread, apples, or crackers; rewarm cheese as needed.