Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The quince turns a lovely pinkish colour when baked. The yoghurt gives a cool - tart contrast to the sweetness of the fruit. The walnuts add crunch. Delicious - especially in winter.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Peel the quinces and halve lengthwise.
- Using a sharp paring knife or spoon scoop out the core and seeds.
- Place the quince cut side down on a shallow baking sheet.
- Pour a little water into the pan to keep the quinces from burning.
- Combine the honey and lemon juice and pour evenly over the quince.
- Bake, uncovered, until tender, about 45-60 minutes (depending on the size of the quince).
- Remove and cool.
- Place each quince half on a small serving dish.
- Combine the yoghurt with 3 tablespoons reserved honey and stir gently to blend.
- Fill with a tablespoonful or two of yoghurt or sour cream.
- Drizzle with any of the honey-syrup left from baking the quince and serve with a sprinkling of cinnamon.