This is a fantastic recipe! I love this, and it's a wonderful mixture of fresh herbs and succulent shrimp. Each ingredient has it's own flavor, but when all put together makes for a wonderful mixture of infused flavors.I know you will love this! *Note that there are cooking and baking times, the baking times are 10-12 min. and the cooking times are approx. 10 to 20 min. ** I use my hands to break up the whole tomatoes, and I just pinch off the little, tough stem ends and toss them. You could use the same ammount o diced tomatoes, but I don't recommend them. If you open a can of whole tomatoes and pour them in bowl, side-by-side with the diced tomatoes, you would see a big difference. The whole ones will look bright red, while the diced ones appear pale. I always use the whole tomatoes whenever I can.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 1/2 lbs medium sized raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (can leave tails on)
- 1 pinch salt, more to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper, more to taste
- 3 ounces feta cheese (about 2/3 cup, crumbled)
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F Heat oil in a large, oven-proof skillet on medium high heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more.
- 2Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer, reduce heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the juices thicken a bit.
- 3Remove from heat. Stir in the herbs, shrimp, feta cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Place pan in oven and bake, uncovered, until shrimp are cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- 4Serve immediately. Serve with crusty French or Italian loaf bread, pasta, a simple salad, or you may use rice.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baked Shrimp in Tomato Feta Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 265.5
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 234.9 mg
- Sodium 1270.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 7.7 g
- Protein 28.8 g