Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a fantastic recipe! I love this, and it's a wonderful mixture of fresh herbs and succulent shrimp. Each ingredient has it's own flavor, but when all put together makes for a wonderful mixture of infused flavors.I know you will love this! *Note that there are cooking and baking times, the baking times are 10-12 min. and the cooking times are approx. 10 to 20 min. ** I use my hands to break up the whole tomatoes, and I just pinch off the little, tough stem ends and toss them. You could use the same ammount o diced tomatoes, but I don't recommend them. If you open a can of whole tomatoes and pour them in bowl, side-by-side with the diced tomatoes, you would see a big difference. The whole ones will look bright red, while the diced ones appear pale. I always use the whole tomatoes whenever I can.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium sized raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (can leave tails on)
- 1 pinch salt, more to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper, more to taste
- 3 ounces feta cheese (about 2/3 cup, crumbled)
- Preheat oven to 425°F Heat oil in a large, oven-proof skillet on medium high heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer, reduce heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the juices thicken a bit.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the herbs, shrimp, feta cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Place pan in oven and bake, uncovered, until shrimp are cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Serve with crusty French or Italian loaf bread, pasta, a simple salad, or you may use rice.
Seriously, this was SOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy to do!
And may I mention, HEAPS healthy too!
Added extra garlic, cracked pepper as is personal taste for me,
Didn't need extra salt as mixed salt with the garlic to bring out the taste, minced as can be!
Added very well drained frozen cooked spinach too!
LOVE the versatilty and when you don't have time to cook, TRUE!