Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a fantastic recipe! I love this, and it's a wonderful mixture of fresh herbs and succulent shrimp. Each ingredient has it's own flavor, but when all put together makes for a wonderful mixture of infused flavors.I know you will love this! *Note that there are cooking and baking times, the baking times are 10-12 min. and the cooking times are approx. 10 to 20 min. ** I use my hands to break up the whole tomatoes, and I just pinch off the little, tough stem ends and toss them. You could use the same ammount o diced tomatoes, but I don't recommend them. If you open a can of whole tomatoes and pour them in bowl, side-by-side with the diced tomatoes, you would see a big difference. The whole ones will look bright red, while the diced ones appear pale. I always use the whole tomatoes whenever I can.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium sized raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (can leave tails on)
- 1 pinch salt, more to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper, more to taste
- 3 ounces feta cheese (about 2/3 cup, crumbled)
- Preheat oven to 425°F Heat oil in a large, oven-proof skillet on medium high heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more.
- Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer, reduce heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the juices thicken a bit.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the herbs, shrimp, feta cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Place pan in oven and bake, uncovered, until shrimp are cooked through, about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Serve with crusty French or Italian loaf bread, pasta, a simple salad, or you may use rice.