Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
From the June 27, 2008 Athens' Plus Magazine. "the long, light violet Tsakoniki (is) from the Peloponnese, which is sweeter and was recently granted the status of “appellation of origin.” You can use any eggplant in this dish if you're not chilling out in Greece while making this dish. "Accompany this dish with a white wine such as a Santorini Asyrtiko." Prep time is a guess.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut the eggplant into slices lengthwise and after salting and straining, lightly brown them in olive oil and lay them in a baking dish.
- Mix the tomatoes, basil and garlic and spread the mixture over the eggplant slices.
- Pour a little oil over the mix and season, adding a few breadcrumbs if desired.
- Sprinkle with grated feta and bake for about 45 minutes.