Prep 30 mins
Cook 50 mins
Delicious traditional Greek dessert. The syrup recipe is separate.
Make and share this Baklava recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 cup chopped blanched almond
- 1 cup chopped pistachios
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 18 sheets phyllo dough
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- In a large bowl combine nuts, sugar, cinnamon, allspice & cloves.
- Trim phyllo dough to 15.5 x 10.5"
- Brush a jelly roll pan with butter.
- Place 1 sheet of dough on the pan. Brush with butter, sprinkle with 1 c nut mixture. Layer and butter 5 more sheets of dough.
- Sprinkle 1 c nut mixture. layer and butter 2 sheets of dough.
- Repeat with phyllo and nuts 2 more times.
- Add 6 more butter & phyllo sheets.
- Brush on remaining butter. Trim edges.
- Cut baklava crosswise in 1" strips, then cut diagonally at 2" intervals.
- Bake 50-60 min until lightly browned.
- Cool on wire rack for 30 minutes. Spoon Baklava syrup over top.