1 hr 20 mins
I can't claim this as my own since it was found on another on line site. My kids had as much fun helping make this recipe as they did eating it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 2Butter the bottoms and sides of a 9x13 inch pan.
- 3Chop nuts and toss with cinnamon.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Unroll phyllo dough.
- 6Cut whole stack in half to fit pan.
- 7Cover phyllo with a dampened cloth to keep from drying out as you work.
- 8Place two sheets of dough in pan, butter thoroughly.
- 9Repeat until you have 8 sheets layered.
- 10Sprinkle 2- 3 tablespoons of nut mixture on top.
- 11Top with two sheets of dough, butter, nuts, layering as you go.
- 12The top layer should be about 6- 8 sheets deep.
- 13Using a sharp knife cut into diamond or square shapes all the way to the bottom of the pan.
- 14You may cut into 4 long rows the make diagonal cuts.
- 15Bake for about 50 minutes until baklava is golden and crisp.
- 16Make sauce while baklava is baking.
- 17Boil sugar and water until sugar is melted.
- 18Add vanilla and honey.
- 19Simmer for about 20 minutes.
- 20Remove baklava from oven and immediately spoon sauce over it.
- 21Let cool.
- 22Serve in cupcake papers.
- 23This freezes well.
- 24Leave it uncovered as it gets soggy if it is wrapped up.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baklava
Serving Size: 1 (48 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 36
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.4
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 191.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 3.1 g