Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Do you love Baklava? Do you love Ice-cream? Then you'll love this fantastic dessert! Of course the ice-cream is equally as good on it's own if you don't want to make the figs!
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
- Spread the nuts onto a baking tray and cook for about 10 minutes, just until the nuts are golden and toasted.
- Grease and line two 6 1/2 cm deep loaf pans.
- Stand ice cream at room temperature to soften, just so that it's workable-not melted.
- Roughly chop the cooled nuts.
- Add the cinnamon and sugar to the nuts and stir to combine.
- Place 1 litre of the ice-cream into each loaf pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle each with 1 cup of nut mixture.
- Top with the remaining litre of ice-cream in each pan and top each with the remaining nuts, pressing the nuts on so that they stick in the ice-cream.
- Wrap each pan with plastic wrap and then a layer of foil.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- To make the honey figs bring the water, honey and cinnamon to the boil in a saucepan.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the figs and cook another 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly, transfer to a container and refridgerate for at least 2 hours.
- To serve, slice the ice-cream and serve topped with some figs and drizzled with the syrup.