24 hrs 30 mins
Do you love Baklava? Do you love Ice-cream? Then you'll love this fantastic dessert! Of course the ice-cream is equally as good on it's own if you don't want to make the figs!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
- 2Spread the nuts onto a baking tray and cook for about 10 minutes, just until the nuts are golden and toasted.
- 4Grease and line two 6 1/2 cm deep loaf pans.
- 5Stand ice cream at room temperature to soften, just so that it's workable-not melted.
- 6Roughly chop the cooled nuts.
- 7Add the cinnamon and sugar to the nuts and stir to combine.
- 8Place 1 litre of the ice-cream into each loaf pan and spread evenly.
- 9Sprinkle each with 1 cup of nut mixture.
- 10Top with the remaining litre of ice-cream in each pan and top each with the remaining nuts, pressing the nuts on so that they stick in the ice-cream.
- 11Wrap each pan with plastic wrap and then a layer of foil.
- 12Freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- 13To make the honey figs bring the water, honey and cinnamon to the boil in a saucepan.
- 14Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 15Add the figs and cook another 15 minutes.
- 16Cool slightly, transfer to a container and refridgerate for at least 2 hours.
- 17To serve, slice the ice-cream and serve topped with some figs and drizzled with the syrup.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baklava Ice-cream with Honey poached Figs
Serving Size: 1 (343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 865.2
- Calories from Fat 407
- Total Fat 45.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 105.6 mg
- Sodium 197.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 110.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.3 g
- Sugars 93.7 g
- Protein 16.0 g