Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and easy method to create baklava at home but not too time-consuming - very easy. This recipe is from NZ's Cuisine Mag.
- Preheat grill in oven.
- Take 1 sheet pastry and brush with butter. Keep sheets that you arent working with covered with damp teatowel.
- Place another sheet over the top of the first. Brush with butter. Repeat for all sheets.
- Brush the final layer with butter and sprinkle with walnuts, sugar and cinnamon.
- Cut the stack into 9 pieces (about 14cm x 9cm each). Cut each rectangle into half diagonally to form triangles.
- Place on baking tray lined with baking paper and place under grill for 3-4 minutes.
- Keep watch as it can burn very quickly! Just until it caramelises.
- Cool on wire racks.
- To make syrup:.
- Combine the ingredients and small saucepan bring to the boil and boil 1 minute. Remove from heat and cool.
- To serve:.
- Place 1 baklava wafer in centre of 6 plates. Top with dollop yoghurt, another wafer, more yoghurt and finally another wafer and sprinkle liberally with syrup.