1 hr 25 mins
** Poppy **'s Note:
very light because we don't use butter!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix walnuts, sugar, and cinnamon, in a bowl.
- 2Brush the bottom of a parallelogram baking dish with oil.
- 3Line in, one phyllo pastry and fold it up on the sides.
- 4Repeat with 3 sheets, brushing with oil as each one is added.
- 5Place walnut mixture on top.
- 6Trim the edges of the sheets sticking out around the dish with a sharp knife.
- 7Cover with rest of phyllo sheets, brushing each one.
- 8Cut the top sheets with diagonal parallel lines, about 4 cm apart and then across to form medium size diamond shapes.
- 9Bake at 180 C 350°F Gas Mark 4 for 50 minutes, until golden.
- 10Remove from oven and while still hot, sprinkle with honey.
- 11stud one clove on each piece of baklava.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Baklavas (light version )
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1213.3
- Calories from Fat 931
- Total Fat 103.5 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 405.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 11.9 g
- Protein 16.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: