Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
very light because we don't use butter!
Make and share this Baklavas (light version ) recipe from Food.com.
- Mix walnuts, sugar, and cinnamon, in a bowl.
- Brush the bottom of a parallelogram baking dish with oil.
- Line in, one phyllo pastry and fold it up on the sides.
- Repeat with 3 sheets, brushing with oil as each one is added.
- Place walnut mixture on top.
- Trim the edges of the sheets sticking out around the dish with a sharp knife.
- Cover with rest of phyllo sheets, brushing each one.
- Cut the top sheets with diagonal parallel lines, about 4 cm apart and then across to form medium size diamond shapes.
- Bake at 180 C 350°F Gas Mark 4 for 50 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven and while still hot, sprinkle with honey.
- stud one clove on each piece of baklava.
Took a little time to prepare yet worth the effort this baklava recipe was very good and my family loved it