Prep 24 hrs
Cook 1 hr
- Finely grate the rind off all 3 lemons, then juice the lemons.
- Combine oil, lemon rind and juice, garlic, oregano, nutmeg and salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Using a sharp knife butterfly the lamb legs so they open out flat.
- Place lamb into ceramic dishes and pour the marinade evenly over each piece, rub the marinade all over the lamb.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- When ready to cook, remove the meat from the marinade, keep the marinade.
- Preheat a greased BBQ to high heat.
- Add both the lamb legs and cook each side 3 minutes to seal.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover BBQ with the hood or a large roasting pan if your BBQ doesn't have a hood.
- Cook for 20 minutes each side for medium done.
- Baste with marinade every 10 minutes.
- Remove lamb from the heat and cover to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with plenty of tzatziki, Greek bread, Barbecued spring vegetables (Recipe #72418) and Feta Roast Potatoes (Recipe #72411).