My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely grate the rind off all 3 lemons, then juice the lemons.
- 2Combine oil, lemon rind and juice, garlic, oregano, nutmeg and salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- 3Using a sharp knife butterfly the lamb legs so they open out flat.
- 4Place lamb into ceramic dishes and pour the marinade evenly over each piece, rub the marinade all over the lamb.
- 5Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 6When ready to cook, remove the meat from the marinade, keep the marinade.
- 7Preheat a greased BBQ to high heat.
- 8Add both the lamb legs and cook each side 3 minutes to seal.
- 9Reduce heat to low.
- 10Cover BBQ with the hood or a large roasting pan if your BBQ doesn't have a hood.
- 11Cook for 20 minutes each side for medium done.
- 12Baste with marinade every 10 minutes.
- 13Remove lamb from the heat and cover to rest for 15 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbecued Greek Lamb
Serving Size: 1 (281 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 685.3
- Calories from Fat 484
- Total Fat 53.8 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 141.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 45.4 g