Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Phyllo dough is easier bought, but for the adventurous, here is a Flemmish recipe for making your own dough!
- Sift the flour with the salt.
- Make a well in the middle of the flour.
- In the well put the water and the olive oil.
- Work the dough until it hangs well together.
- Dust flour on a table or board.
- Knead the dough for about 5-7 minutes.
- The dough should be smooth and not stick to the board.
- Roll the dough out to a big rectangle.
- Lay a damp towel over it and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- Flour your hands and work the dough from the middle outwards until you have the dough stretched to about 3 ft by 3 ft (1meter x 1meter)If work table is not big enough to roll out a 3 ft. by 3 ft. dough, divide the dough into 9 (divide into 3, then divide each third into 3 more) and roll out each portion into 1 ft. by 1 ft. sheet. Cut the dough with a sharp knife or pizza cutter to the desired sheet size.
- Continue with the recipe that requires the phyllo dough.