Taylor in Belgium's Note:
Phyllo dough is easier bought, but for the adventurous, here is a Flemmish recipe for making your own dough!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift the flour with the salt.
- 2Make a well in the middle of the flour.
- 3In the well put the water and the olive oil.
- 4Work the dough until it hangs well together.
- 5Dust flour on a table or board.
- 6Knead the dough for about 5-7 minutes.
- 7The dough should be smooth and not stick to the board.
- 8Roll the dough out to a big rectangle.
- 9Lay a damp towel over it and let it rest for about 15 minutes.
- 10Flour your hands and work the dough from the middle outwards until you have the dough stretched to about 3 ft by 3 ft (1meter x 1meter)If work table is not big enough to roll out a 3 ft. by 3 ft. dough, divide the dough into 9 (divide into 3, then divide each third into 3 more) and roll out each portion into 1 ft. by 1 ft. sheet. Cut the dough with a sharp knife or pizza cutter to the desired sheet size.
- 11Continue with the recipe that requires the phyllo dough.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Recipe for Phyllo Dough
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 103.6
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 65.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g