1/2 Photos of BBQ Chicken With Greek Salad
Posted for Zaar World Tour. A simple salad and barbecued chicken dish. A great family meal. We love to have BBQ and have salads in summer as it is sometimes just too hot to cook inside of an evening. The chicken can be cooked on a grill plate or even in a frypan. This recipe is originally from Super Food Ideas Magazine - October 2006 (recipe edited to include the forgotten one dessertspoon of honey) Capsicum is also known as sweet bell peppers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon all purpose Greek seasoning
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, finely chopped
- 500 g chicken tenderloins, trimmed
- 100 g baby spinach leaves
- 100 g roasted red capsicums, sliced (can use bottled roast capsicums)
- 1 cucumber, roughly chopped
- 50 g snow pea sprouts
- 75 g reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup kalamata olive, in brine
- 1Mix yoghurt, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice,honey, the Greek seasoning and mint in a bowl.
- 2Add the chicken tenderloins and ensure the chicken is thoroughly coated with the yogurt mixture. Refrigerate covered for about 20 minutes.
- 3Preheat a barbecue grill on mediumlow heat. Remove chicken from marinade and lightly with a cooking spray oil. If your barbeque or grill plate is too high your chicken may burn due to the honey in the marinade.
- 4Barbecue the chicken 2 to 3 minutes each side, or until just cooked through.
- 5While the chicken is cooking, combine the baby spinach leaves, capsicum, cucumber, sprouts, feta and olives in a bowl. Toss to combine. Divide salad among plates.
- 6Top the salad with the cooked chicken tenderloin pieces. Drizzle with the remaining 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice. Season with pepper. Serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Chicken With Greek Salad
Serving Size: 1 (278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 194.8
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 64.2 mg
- Sodium 249.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 27.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
snow pea sprouts
reduced-fat feta cheese