Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This a quick and easy recipe for Greek Souvlaki.
Make and share this Beef Souvlaki recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb sirloin tip steaks or 1 lb round steak
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Combine spices and oil and press into meat on both sides.
- Cut meat into 1 inch cubes and toss with lemon juice and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Thread on skewers.
- Broil or grill for about 5 minutes, turnning once.
- Do not overcook.
- Combine sauce ingredients and serve with Souvlaki.
Absolutely delicious! I made chicken souvlaki with this recipe as I am on a diet. This makes it very low in calories and fat. I also barbecued it and added red & green peppers,purple onion & cherry tomatoes to the skewers, all no fat foods. I served it with Greek Salad, which really complimented the taste.
I made this with lamb instead of beef. I also put them in the oven as I don't have a griller or broiler(they took about 20min in the oven). The yogurt sauce compliments them beautifully. I served them with rice cooked in chicken stock and fresh parley. Very yummy
Wonderful! I added a little pureed cucumber to the sauce to give it an authentic greek flavor. Also dusted meat with "greek seasoning" just before grilling. Thanx for sharing!