1/1 Photo of Beet and Onion Salad
I got this recipe for a cookbook "Greek Cooking for the Gods". I'm a beet lover and really enjoy this. The time does not include the chill time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Trim stems from beets leaving 1/4 inch stem attached.
- 2Place beets in pan with enough water to cover.
- 3Boil , cover, reduce heat and simmer until tender about 25 minutes.(I have used whole canned beets and sliced them, works well.).
- 4Drain and cool. peel and slice in 1/4 inch slices.
- 5Arrange beets on a platter.
- 6Top with onions and sprinkle with garlic.
- 7Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 8Mix vinegar and oil and pour over beets.
- 9Refrigerate until well chilled.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Beet and Onion Salad
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.3
- Calories from Fat 164
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 118.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 3.0 g