Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
An unusual recipe that is full of flavor and hints of exotic spices! Refreshing and delicious! Really any berry will work but strawberries or raspberriesare probably the best. I've used chocolate mint for this which was great. Cooking time is mostly simmering.
- Bring the cream to a boil and immediately submerge the mint leaves. Cover and remove from heat to steep for 30 minutes.
- Cool, discard the mint leaves and set aside.
- Bring 2 cups of strawberries to a light boil with the remaining ingredients (Zinfandel, peppercorns, fennel seeds, cardamom and sugar). Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Cool and discard the spices.
- Slice the remainder of the strawberries and divide into 6 martini glasses.
- Pour minted creme over strawberries, dividing evenly. Garnish with mint leaves.