Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 mins
Turns cheap pita bread into a First Class classy snack. (from Vegetarian recipe collection - Hermes House)
- Split pita breads through the middle and carefully open them out.
- Mix sesame seeds, chopped thyme and poppy seeds in a mortar. Crush them lightly with a pestle to release the flavor. (Mixing in a jar or bowl will also suffice.).
- Stir in the olive oil.
- Spread the mixture over the cut slices of pita.
- Grill until golden brown and crisp.
- Break into pieces and serve with baba ganoush, guacamole, hummus, etc.
Delicious! Way more "sauce" than needed, and I added salt.